Some of the easiest vegetables to grow in containers are nightshades like tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplant, as well as fast-growing crops like peas and lettuce. Take a look at 10 vegetables that you can grow even if you do not have a garden plot but have a patio, porch, or balcony with good sun exposure.
What can I plant in a big planter?
Planting Tips for Big Pots – YouTube
How do you fill a large plant container?
If you have recycled plastic lying around, such as water or soda bottles, grocery bags, or milk and juice jugs, use them to fill the bottom of your large planter. The plastic is of more use in the base of your large planter than in a landfill.
What do you put in a large outdoor planter?
- Pea pebbles.
- Landscape/river rock (big and small)
- Old ceramic tiles (intact or broken)
- Broken pieces of pottery.
What do you fill a planter box with?
- Broken glass bottles. Broken glass is excellent for keeping the drainage holes of your planter open.
- Styrofoam peanuts. Credit: Shutterstock.
- Broken ceramic.
- Small rocks.
- Wood chips.
- Old containers.
Do you need to line a planter?
You need to line your planter box if it’s made from wood or metal. The liner will help prolong the planter’s life. You don’t need to use a liner if the planter is made using plastic, ceramic, or concrete as they are quite durable by themselves.
What else can you use planters for?
- Store more in the bathroom.
- Make a backyard bird bath.
- Create a plant stand.
- Use it as an indoor (or outdoor) focal point.
- Storing entertaining and cooking essentials.
- Problem solve in an entryway.
- Hide your hose and gardening gear.
- Make a candle.
Amazing To Grow Cute Paradise Succulent plants | Cute Succulents | Succulents Garden #8125
Amazing To Grow Cute Paradise Succulent plants | Cute Succulents | Succulents Garden #7337
Soil Free Plants 2022 | Semi-Hydroponics for Plants | Indoor Plants that grow well WITHOUT SOIL!