- Lawn Fertilizer Treatment. Soil naturally provides nutrients needed by grass to grow.
- Lawn Weed Control Treatment.
- Lawn Pest Control.
- Lawn Disease and Fungus Treatment.
How can I improve the health of my lawn?
- Aerate. Foot traffic and lawn machinery can compact the soil under your lawn, creating a difficult environment for grass roots and soil microbes.
- Reduce thatch. Thatch is a layer of dead grass and grass roots that has accumulated on top of the soil surface.
- Mow high.
How do I make my lawn thicker?
- Improve Your Soil. To get the most out of every step to a thicker lawn, take a tip from lawn pros and test your soil.
- Overseed. Overseeding is simply sowing grass seed into existing grass to make thin lawns thick—or keep them from getting thin.
- Boost Your Lawn.
- Mow Properly.
- Control Weeds.
What does nitrogen phosphorus and potassium do for grass?
Nitrogen is used by plants for lots of leaf growth and good green color. Phosphorous is used by plants to help form new roots, make seeds, fruit and flowers. It’s also used by plants to help fight disease. Potassium helps plants make strong stems and keep growing fast.
What should you treat your lawn with in the spring?
Apply grass fertilizer for spring roughly three weeks after grass starts greening (that usually corresponds to the time following two or three mowings). Apply lawn fertilizer for spring too early and you risk feeding weeds and creating fertilizer runoff.
What should I put on my lawn in April?
- Lightly fertilize all cool-season lawn grasses (such as fescue and bluegrass).
- Begin post emergent weed control.
- Apply pre-emergent herbicide or corn gluten to prevent crabgrass and other annual weeds.
- Top-dress lawns and patch bare spots.
- Lawns will be very soggy, so treat them gently and avoid too much traffic.
When should you apply Scotts Step 4?
Step 4 can be applied 4 to 6 weeks after Step 3, between August and November. It greens up the lawn now, and helps strengthen and protect it for a better lawn next spring.
When should Scotts Step 3 be applied?
Step 3 feeds and strengthens the lawn against heat and drought, guaranteed. TO DO: Apply Step 3 close to Independence Day. If rain is not expected, immediately water after application.
Can I apply Scotts Step 4 after seeding?
Planning to reseed your lawn? No problem. Step 4 does not contain any weed preventative. So according to the manufacturer, you can seed your lawn before or after applying this product.
What is the first step in lawn care?
- Get Rid of Weeds. A few weeds in your lawn are inevitable.
- Dethatch. Thatch is the matted accumulation of organic debris that collects between grass blades and roots.
- Aerate. Inspect your lawn to see if aeration is needed.
- Reseed and Overseed.
- Water and Fertilize.
- Mulch and Clean.
- Call a Pro.
Can I put down Scotts Step 4 with grass seed?
Apply to any grass type.
When should I use crabgrass preventer?
You can apply a crabgrass preventer when the soil temperature reaches 55 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit for a few days in a row because that’s when the majority of crabgrass seeds begin to germinate. Use a soil temperature map by typing in your exact location to get data on soil temperatures in your area.
The 3 Most Important Fall Lawn Projects
Lawn Care Pricing is OVERRATED – I’ll Explain
Mowing is the Most Important Part of Lawn Care. Here’s Why